Sunday, May 31, 2009

Another beautiful day

So, Friday I went out with some great girls. Its such a treat to go out without being on Mommy-Duty. It doesn't happen often. Even our wedding anniversary dinner was spent figuring out what Amelia should eat, and how to keep her entertained. I just wanted a nice quiet dinner, but Rob wanted to share it with her. How could I say no?

We had a nice time, and she was good, as always. We had a nice dinner and our waiter ended up bringing us a little cake to celebrate with. Then when he found out that Saturday was going to be Amelia's birthday, he brought us a 2nd cake. He was too kind. (Of course the cake wasn't WW friendly, but what the heck, it was a celebration).

This weekend was a little quieter. I went to the Chester Craft Fair with my mom and Amelia. It was okay, but where could I go with all the beautiful stuff that was being sold. So I didn't buy anything. We spent the rest of the morning walking the streets of Chester. If you've never done it, I recommend it. Its such a quaint little town. We had lunch at a little pizzaria, and Amelia was able to get out of the stroller and run around. She loved it, almost as much as the pizza.

Today, we went out for breakfast at an old favorite of ours, Jackson Hole (in Englewood). Then we went to see Ga-Ga. (that's Rob's mom). Amelia was getting a little upset/nervous because I think she thought we were going to leave her. The last time she was there, was when we dropped her off for Ga-Ga to babysit while we went for massages. (that was our Christmas present). I was in heaven, Rob --- not so much. Perhaps, next time he should get a regular massage instead of the deep tissue massage. Oh well, live and learn.

Now that the weather is getting nice, Amelia loves to be outside. The only downside, is that we live in Bug-Central. Friday, I was outside for 45 seconds before getting my first mosquito bite. After two more, I said we need to go inside. Is it me, that the bugs love? Perhas its my award-winning personality. (I don't think so either). Someone once said that if you eat a lot of bananas, that attracts the bugs. I don't know. All I know is, I HATE bugs. I bought a citranella candle once, and all it did was tell the bugs that I was there.

Well, I hope you are enjoying this beautiful weather, I think I'm going to head outside.

No comments: