Friday, August 29, 2008

Not just a mom

Last night I went out with some great girls. The whole idea was a Mom's Night Out, but what did we end up talking about?????? Of course, the kids. I know its what we have in common, but sometimes I think that's all I have. I know there is more to me than just being a mom, but sometimes its all consuming.

Please don't misunderstand me. I LOVE my daughter and could talk about her day and night (okay maybe not the night part, sleep has become so much more precious), but I just felt like we would talk about a 'non-kid' topic and then suddenly someone would related it to the kids.

I guess that's how it is. It was the same way in H.S. I would go out with the other band members and we would vow to not talk 'band-stuff', but what did we talk about??? You got it, BAND BAND BAND!!

I guess I should just be blessed that I have child to talk about. :-)

No comments: